Bard from a Bottle

A place where I finally will post my own futile attempts at poetry for posterity. As I most often am inspired to write when under the influence of either my beloved gin or beloved classes (both undergrad and law), I cannot make any guarantees as to their quality. Continue at your own risk...

Saturday, September 16, 2006

At Heaven's Gate

Once upon a lonely night
A vision crept into my sight
A vision that could hardly be
A vision that could set me free

I know not whether wrong or right
That vision’s splendor in its might
What it was or what ‘twas not
What it was I’ve quite forgot

Still I recall quite tenderly
It had the likes of you and me
Together walking hand-in-hand
Together thinking life was grand

So here I sit in summer's heat
On this thankless night to meet
Once again a vision great
Once again at Heaven’s gate



(spring 2005)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home