Bard from a Bottle

A place where I finally will post my own futile attempts at poetry for posterity. As I most often am inspired to write when under the influence of either my beloved gin or beloved classes (both undergrad and law), I cannot make any guarantees as to their quality. Continue at your own risk...

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Fallen Friend Please Fly Once More

Little bird out in the rain
Chirping, Chirping of your pain
Harmed by night out in the storm
Little bird why you’re still warm!

Go, my bird, its not safe here
In New York there’s much to fear
So though injured in the night
Little bird return to flight!

Your flock has gone out far away
They’ve left you for some other’s prey
But gather strength to flap your wings
And fly to where the good wind brings!

You’re not alone, my bird, don’t fear
Though your flock is hardly near
Where you go you’ll find a home
Somewhere you can freely roam!

And what a place, my bird, you’ll see
Such a glorious place to be
Where other birds will sing and coo
And be so glad to welcome you!

So try dear bird to flap and fly
Try your best to reach the sky
To soar and climb again once more
Please dear bird that I adore!

Don’t give up you wretched beast
Live to see another feast
For it’s too soon to say goodbye
Please, my bird, refuse to die!

But it’s too late, the deed is done
The warmth within my bird has gone
Its wings, so still, no longer soar
My little bird will be no more.


-------------
Inspired both by an actual event in my early childhood that I somehow struck deep at me and some other event in 2005 that made me think of the fallen bird as representative of. I forget what the hidden context of this was, though, so your guess is as good as mine as to what I was really writing about. I'll just assume it was that profound. Or maybe that bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home