Bard from a Bottle

A place where I finally will post my own futile attempts at poetry for posterity. As I most often am inspired to write when under the influence of either my beloved gin or beloved classes (both undergrad and law), I cannot make any guarantees as to their quality. Continue at your own risk...

Saturday, September 16, 2006

High Flying Virginia

Sitting here my thoughts roll back
To yesterday so way up high
Over the mighty Potomac
In that lounge that graced the sky

A Gin and Tonic I did order
And you said you’d have one too
As we looked upon the water
As I stared across at you

Having met you just before
I barely even knew your name
Yet as we sat by the dance floor
I was ever glad you came

In DC but for a moment
Stuck right there by chance in time
By the time the night had went
I hoped to G-d he’d make you mine

But by tonight we’re far away
Bound by train to wayward home
Separated by today
Thinking of you as I roam

Perhaps we’ll be apart forever
Forever and then for a day
Or perhaps this storm we’ll weather
Perhaps, my dear, we’ll find a way

For right now I have my love though
And for me, well, that’s okay
For wherever I go
This I can quite safely say:

Perhaps we’ll meet again by starlight
Share a drink again once more
For as I learned so well there last night
You’re the one that I adore

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home