Bard from a Bottle

A place where I finally will post my own futile attempts at poetry for posterity. As I most often am inspired to write when under the influence of either my beloved gin or beloved classes (both undergrad and law), I cannot make any guarantees as to their quality. Continue at your own risk...

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Late Last Night

Late last night
I nearly died
Somewhere inside
Don’t ask me why
For then I might
Proceed to tell
How I fell
Under a spell

A spell so wrong
That it was right
A spell so hard
So hard to fight
Yet gaining will
I thought I might

Yet though I tried
It did no good
And left me quite
Back where I stood

Devoid of song
Or melody
I thought there was
No hope for me
Beyond that moment
Stuck in time
Devoid of word
Or strength of rhyme

Speechless still
By window sill
I stayed up late
So late until
With eyes of red
And nearly dead
I took to weep
And fell asleep

And I as I lay
I’d have to say
I nearly died
Somewhere inside
And though you ask
Don’t ask me why
For I don’t know
Why it was so

Beyond it though
Now I’m quite wise
And like a Phoenix
I shall rise

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home