Love at Baglovar
Staring right across the table
You’re the one that caught my eye
Right away I found you special
Need I even tell you why?
Love at first sight, when I saw you
In that ever-loving light
The glitter, how could I ignore you
The radiance no man could fight
Some say women are like fine wine
Which only get better with age
Dear Madame, now it’s your time
To prove that you deserve such praise
Yet I forget that you are young
Only here since ’93?
Eleven, wow, now that is young
But not too young for men like me
Like a lion on the prowl,
Honey won’t you be my prey?
I want you so – right here and now
And in the very worst of ways
I want to hold you, pop your cork
Until I make your juices flow
Make you show me what’s inside you
Make you show your inner glow
They say I’ve had a million like you
Perhaps I’ll have a million more
But while tonight you stay around me
You’re the one who I adore
Look what power you have on me
How you seduce this poor guy
No man should ever feel this strongly
About one bottle of Tokaji
(Written at Baglovar, a restaurant next to the famous Gundel in Budapest, in the summer of 2004. In Hungarian, Tokaji -- a region from which the most famous Hungarian wines come -- is pronounced so that it rhymes with "guy" at the end. This poem was written mostly to remember that. And it was written under the influence of Tokaji, and finished on a streetcar heading back to my apartment on the Danube. Ahh, Budapest, the source of my finest nner muse)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home