Bard from a Bottle

A place where I finally will post my own futile attempts at poetry for posterity. As I most often am inspired to write when under the influence of either my beloved gin or beloved classes (both undergrad and law), I cannot make any guarantees as to their quality. Continue at your own risk...

Saturday, September 16, 2006

That Face Across the Table

There’s that face across the table
Always sweet but always able
To awaken within me
Wonder of what lies inside
Of that mind behind the face
Anchored there within its place
Across from me in class
Where it always does reside

On these days among the week
Classes are for me to seek
A chance perchance to see that smile
Once again across the way
Across the barren space which parts
Our earthly bodies from our hearts
And keeps you there across the table
Oh so far away

So much time can be so trying
When one seems to just be dying
To move across that simple space
And manage to say hi
To break that barrier of silence
And perhaps to move hence-
Forth to get to know the girl
Who makes my spirits fly

Yet still I sit here with this view
Staring right across at you
As you focus on the lecture
Given on this sacred day
Knowing here with inner sadness
And a bit of secret madness
I will likely never know you
More than on today

What a shame if I do say

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home