Bard from a Bottle

A place where I finally will post my own futile attempts at poetry for posterity. As I most often am inspired to write when under the influence of either my beloved gin or beloved classes (both undergrad and law), I cannot make any guarantees as to their quality. Continue at your own risk...

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Thursday at 3:40pm, December 8, 2005

Final Class
Final Day
Oh my word
Now what to say?
It will go
Beyond today
College passed
Quickly away

So to reflect
Here on my lot
What college brought
To intellect
To change my thought
Yet I suspect
In one respect
That I know not
What to expect

My future’s got


Perhaps careers
With the great law
Though that’s not clear
That’s what I saw
When I first started
In this place

So is it now what I embrace?


Or is it service
In government
Is that the task
For which I’m meant
And yet I ask
With sentiment

How with that to pay the rent?


So what is it my future holds
As I look towards my degree
And if I might be so bold

To ask what is in store for me?


Well I guess I’ll get to see
What it is that comes at last
What it is that comes tomorrow

Whether it be joy or sorrow

And yet I hold
These thoughts at bay
I will live just for today
And then tomorrow I’ll behold
What it is that comes then too
Though as a grad I might feel old

Youth at heart will get me through


In John Jay Hall
Is told a truth
To hold fast
To spirit of youth
I read it once
Back in the past
Yet it’s more true
With college passed
With classes ending
With lectures done
With the setting

Of the Sun


----
My last 20 minutes of class at Columbia were spent as a bard rather than as an actively listening student. And yet I got an A in that class. That pretty much sums up my class poetry experience...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home